Note: The steps below were performed running Windows 7 & JAWS versions 15 thru 18. These steps won't work with Windows 8 or 10, & why they won't is because startup programs are handled differently in those operating systems.
For those of you that have Jaws set to start at the Windows log-in screen, but it doesn't, this might work for you. I looked in, msconfig, & found that JAWS Freedom Scientific wasn't at the top of the list on the Start-up Page, so this is what I did.
1. Press, Windows key + R, to open the run dialog.
2. Type, *msconfig*, without the stars, & press enter.
3. Press, control + tab, until you get to the, Start-up Page.
4. I arrowed down the list, & unchecked any items above, JAWS Freedom Scientific, on the Start-up Page.
Note: Only uncheck the items / programs above JAWS Freedom Scientific, & nothing else. Pay close attention to what you uncheck because you are going to recheck these items shortly.
5. Tab to the, Okay, button, press the spacebar, & tab 1 time to, Restart, & press enter to restart your computer.
6. Once your computer is booted up repeat steps 1 thru 3, & you will notice that JAWS Freedom Scientific is now at the top of the list.
7. Next, arrow down the list of items on the Start-up Page, check the items / programs that you unchecked previously, & repeat step 5.
Now Jaws should start on the Windows log-in screen when your computer starts. I did the above steps on 4 different computers, both desktop & lattop, &I'm not going to say it works everytime, but it sure works most of the time.