To create a frame, do the following.
1. Place the Jaws cursor at the beginning of what you want to include in the frame.
2. Do a control shift left bracket.
3. Place the Jaws cursor at the end of what you want to include in the frame.
4. Press the control shift right bracket.
5. This will bring up a dialogue asking you what you want to do. Your choices are frame create and prompt create. Press enter on frame create.
6. Now you will be asked to name the frame. Do not use spaces or punctuation in the name. If it is more than one word, be sure to capitalize the first character of each word. Press enter.
7. This is where you can type a short description of the frame. No text need to be placed here, it is up to you. Press enter.
8. This is where you can write a more thorough description of the frame. Again it is up to you. Press enter.
9. Now you are asked to insert a key combination to activate the frame. You can use the alt shift or the control shift key combination with a character. Or you can use an alt plus character combination. It will prompt you if you have another key combination assigned.
10. Now you will be asked how you want the information to be spoken when you press that key combination. By default it is set to Jaws speech. Just press enter.
This will bring you back to the frame list.
To close the frame manager, tab to close and press enter. You will be prompted to save the changes, just press the spacebar.
To allow the Jaws cursor to be routed to the frame you have created, do the following.
1. Do an insert f2.
2. Type the letter f for frame viewer and press enter.
3. Tab to frame list and press enter.
4. Arrow up or down to the frame you want to work with.
5. Tab to properties and press enter.
6. Shift tab to general.
7. Right arrow to Events.
8. Tab to modify and press enter.
9. Tab to next and press enter.
10. This will bring up a list of actions you want the frame to do. Up-arrow to route the Jaws cursor to the frame.
11. Tab to next and press enter.
12. Tab to finish and press enter.
13. Tab to OK and press enter.
14. Tab to close and press enter.
15. Tab again to close and press enter.
16. Press the spacebar to save the changes.